Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 30: Free Day

We had a free day yesterday, most of which was spent sleeping and searching for internet connections.

I had caught up on sleep some between my two study abroad trips, but a little over a week of traveling, exploring, photo taking/editing, working on homework, and waking up early each morning to repeat wore me out quite a bit.

It was pretty great to not set an alarm for the morning and Logan and I slept in to noon.

I woke up, took a shower, ate lunch, went to the mall, planned a birthday dinner for two of my classmates (with balloons and a cookie cake), and then found myself with a good amount of homework to do without any internet connection.

By the time I came back to the hotel, realized the internet would not work (and had the manager fail to set up the internet on my computer as well), and headed out to find a strong internet connection, there was no more internet to be found in Dundee.

The nearby coffee shop was closed, even the Starbucks in the mall was closed, and McDonald's wifi connection was broken, so no luck.

The evening was wrapped up with a pretty exciting (and expensive, with an unexpected service charge fee of about 50 pounds) birthday dinner for two.

We had lots of laughs, food and margaritas.


Frustrated at the lack of internet this past weekend,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment