Saturday, June 4, 2016

Day 15: Travels

Today I flew from Berlin to Brussels to Edinburgh.


The sun woke me up at 5:30 in the morning, but I didn't need to get up until 8, so I dozed on and off for a few hours, which led to me having some strange dreams.

These dreams included one where Misha Collins and his family flying to Lubbock to hang out with a small group of supernatural fans and then another dream in a treetop setting where a baby egret attacked me.

I did eventually get up and checked out of the hotel.

I had an impressive amount of clothing and souvenirs packed in my small suitcase, so it was a bit challenging to lug it up and down the multiple staircases in the Berlin subway and bus system, but I had plenty of time to get to the gate for both of my flights and had a window seat in both planes.


I arrived in Edinburgh and was relieved by the cool air and beautiful accents that suddenly surrounded me.



I enjoyed being in Berlin, but there's just something about Scotland that connects with me on a pretty deep level (maybe because my heritage is about 3/4 Scottish).

While on the plane, I had noticed how the Scottish farmlands, while still generally rectangular, were much more fluid and followed the curved lines of the landscape rather than the strict square grids of land I saw in Germany.

Another fun aspect of being in Scotland after spending time in Germany is how friendly people here are; instead of ignoring everyone, Scottish passengers seemed more than happy to start up conversations with each other and strangers on public transportation.



Looking forward to my remaining 5 weeks in Europe,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment