Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 14: Food and Packing

Today was my last day in Berlin.


We didn't have any class activities today, so I was able to sleep in and relax all morning.

I eventually got up around 12 and a few of us went to the closest Burgermeister to enjoy delicious (and messy) burgers.

Back in the states, I rarely have to worry about having enough cash on me, so it's a little strange to find that several restaurants in Berlin don't accept credit cards, but I happened to scrap together exactly enough coins out of my purse to pay for a burger (excepting a euro debt I collected from my friend).

We walked by the East Side Gallery again today, and it seems like each time we walk by, something different seems to pop out of the murals and the various sections of the wall that are painted.

The afternoon was filled with laundry and packing. I have souvenirs tucked between my sweater and flannel shirt that I never needed to wear here, as well as the dress pants and shoes that I won't need on the next leg of my trip.

Dinner was sweet potato fries and a pitcher of beer in an interesting restaurant called "White Trash Fast Food." Their nachos sounded like the best option but the other members of our group who had been there earlier said they really weren't as good as expected. 


Ready to head to Scotland tomorrow,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment