Saturday, June 11, 2016

Day 22: Edinburgh Castle

Today was the first official (full-length) day of the Media & Tourism / Photography Course through Scotland and Northern Ireland.


We started off with a class meeting.

Our professors took pity on the exhaustion of my fellow, jet-lagged classmates and pushed back our class time an hour so we had extra sleeping time.

We went over our syllabi and started talking about the assignments of both classes and how they may or may not overlap, and then started talking about the "tourist gaze."

We then had a tour of the Edinburgh Castle. 


I have already spent some time in the Edinburgh Castle, so I played tour guide for a few of my classmates as we explored the castle at our own speed for about two hours.

We then headed over to Princes Street for some shopping and walking and talking which was great.

(Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this group of students? It also helps that I have a really good friend on this trip, and the two of us are thick as [very noisy, always laughing] thieves.


Downloading my reading assignment for tomorrow morning,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment