Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sometimes it's hard to live on campus.

Mainly because I do not have a stove in my current residence hall. Not a single stove for student use. In an upperclassman dorm. I suppose that's my fault for choosing this dorm, instead of the others that do have kitchens, but I wanted to live with my awesome roommates, so here I am. A person who loves to cook and bake, without an outlet.

At least this semester should be better. I got a small crock pot from my parents for Christmas, so I can make chili, meatballs, pasta, random meat things, dips, etc., and I want to try making a cake in my crock pot. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but that won't stop me from trying it.

Anyhow, I moved back out here to Lubbock last Monday, and have been settling in and starting my classes and all. I still need to go get most of my textbooks, but I think I might do that Tuesday. Until I start filling up my schedule with tutoring hours, I just have aerobics for an hour in the morning, and then have the rest of Tuesday off. Yes, it's pretty sweet. The rest of my days are awful, but let's not focus on that.


So, last Friday, I did my last baking of the Winter break. Now, just to clarify, I never make a single batch of cookies. When I make cookies, I make at least double batches of my main kind of cookies, and usually end up making multiple different kinds. I already have the baking stuff out, have my apron on, and am blasting the music, so why not? This last time I made Egg Nog cookies and M&M cookies.


I have a system for cooling cookies

Both were super yummy. I hadn't ever made Egg Nog cookies before, but there was egg nog in the fridge, and I didn't want to just drink it, because I would drink the whole thing, and that's really not good. I found the recipe on Pinterest, of course, and here's the link to the wonderful recipe -> link

The M&M cookies are just generic, M&M cookies, but then I ran out of M&Ms, so I added semisweet chocolate bits, and just filled the cookies with chocolate goodness. It was a success.

I love baking. Especially cookies, because they're so easy (almost foolproof) and I can turn out multiple batches in one afternoon. But now I must wait until my next break at home before I can bake again. I love the convenience of my residence hall, but I really wish it had a stove/kitchen for student use.


Wanting some cookies now,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment