Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 2: acclimation and dinner

We slept in today. 

Technically, we were sleeping for 11 hours, although as a light/restless sleeper, I really slept in three increments of three hours.

I felt the effects of jet lag off and on through the day, but felt much better than day 1!


Today was a bit lazy for the first part. My three hostel-mates and I checked out at 11 and hung out until we could check back in with the full study abroad group at 3p.

I opened lightroom and played around with it a bit, developing a few of the photographs I took on day 1.


My new room is in the hotel section, so we have air conditioning, which is fantastic!


You really don't realize you need until it's 85-degrees Fahrenheit and you don't have any on the hostel side of the hotel.



We then met up with our CEPA tour guide for an orientation to the city and a two-hour walking tour of a couple sections of Berlin.


Everyone was tired with sore feet, so walking and standing for two hours while hearing information that varied in degree of interesting was a little painful, but we saw some pretty cool things.


We wrapped up the tour at the tallest building in Germany, where we had a scheduled, three-course meal in the rotating restaurant!



We headed back to our hotel, and my group met up to work on our presentation, which we are giving Monday morning instead of Tuesday morning, as we first thought.


This is a pretty short post, but tomorrow's should be filled with more information and will hopefully be written by a more rested Lydia.


Hoping to sleep through the club music that my room faces,
The Purple Writer 

No comments:

Post a Comment