Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I'm crazy for pistachios.

I mean, I really, really love pistachios. Salted, unsalted, as a flavor of ice cream, and now in cookies.

Yes, cookies. I made pistachio (and chocolate) cookies today.

The thing is, I didn't think about how annoying it would be to shell and then chop two cups of pistachios, without a chopper or blender.

Yeah, that was pretty annoying

But, you know what makes any tedious chore more enjoyable? Definitely listening to music. 

Now, normally I'll jam out to Disney and Broadway songs while in the kitchen, whether cooking, baking, or cleaning. Seeing as I have 3 hours and 35 minutes of Disney songs, add that to my 9 hours and 5 minutes of Broadway songs, and I could literally listen for half a day without repeating a song. . . and I have done that before. Maybe a few times. 

But, sometimes I want to mix things up, and today, for the pistachio shelling and chopping, I started out with this fantastic song, which could practically be my theme song as an English major and too-often a grammar-policewoman.




If you're thinking of skipping the song, then don't. It's probably the best thing about this post.



But, why, you may ask, was I making chocolate chip cookies with pistachios in them? Well, I like to bring some baked goods to our Enlgish Honor Society meetings, when I can. 

Meetings are almost always better with food around. If you're hungry, you can have something to eat. If you're bored, you can have something to eat. If you're overwhelmed, you can have something to eat. If you're new, you can have something to eat. Also, just about everyone loves cookies, because they are generally delicious, and the perfect size to hold as you move around to talk to or avoid other people.



That is what my chocolate-pistachio cookies turned out looking like. They are pretty good. The pistachio is subtle, so it's not super strange. They're basically good chocolate cookies, with a hint of pistachio.

I got the recipe here, so you should definitely go check it out.


Going to eat a cookie, now that they've cooled,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment