Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Avocado Pockets

As I've mentioned before, I'm all about that avocado.

I normally eat the avocado straight from its skin or as guacamole, but I wanted to do something a little more creative and new this time.

LydiaClink - avocado recipes

The result? I'm calling them Avocado Pockets!



Not only are these little pockets surprisingly quick and easy, but they're simply delicious!


They can serve as a snack, an appetizer or a meal, be eaten with your hands or with a fork.


While they have plenty of flavor on their own, they also pair well with salsa and barbeque sauce, and will probably work with just about any sauce you want to try.




So, what do you need to make them?





The cool thing is that you could add just about any ingredients you like, and it would probably turn out great. 


This time around, I used:

-> 1 avocado
-> 4 mini sweet peppers
-> a bit of cheese
-> 1 tube of crescent rolls




How did I make them?


1. I rolled out the crescent dough. Instead of dividing the dough into their triangles, I kept them in rectangles, so I could fit more filling into them.

2. Into each of the four rectangles I put even amounts of cheese, avocado and peppers on one side.

3. I then folded over the other sides of the rectangles, and pressed down the edges.

4. I put them in the oven at 350 for about 12 minutes. The baking time may change slightly based on your particular oven. 


* I used a toaster oven because I was only making four avocado pockets, but its temperature is on par with my regular oven, so that doesn't make a noticeable difference.





Now, before I close out, I want to tell you about this cheese that I used. While I normally use sharp (or extra sharp) cheddar cheese, I am hooked on this champagne cheddar that I buy from Costco.

Yes, you read correctly: champagne cheddar.


It is fantastic.


It tastes like cheddar (because it is), but it also tastes like champagne. I don't know how it works, but I greatly appreciate whoever came up with the idea.


Not only is it classy, but it pairs excellently with anything I would add barbeque with, and it's just great.


You should just try it for yourself.




Enjoying my delicious avocado dinner,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment