Thursday, May 28, 2015

It's been raining a lot.

As in, last year the majority of Texas was in a drought, and now Texas is flooding everywhere. Craziness.

Rainstorm from LydiaClink's intern window


I was in Fort Worth this past weekend, which was Memorial Day weekend, as it was my last long weekend of the summer. (Thankfully, I didn't get stormed on while traveling either way.)

Since I will be taking classes and working the rest of the summer, I won't have any wiggle room on either side of Saturday/Sunday, which makes half a day of travelling on either end a bit more than desired (for one night of being outside of Lubbock).

Regardless, I had fun this past weekend. I drove across Texas after work on Thursday, and got to see some of my favorite people over the weekend. Highlights of the week include having brunch at Gloria's with my sister (they have fantastic $1 mimosas during brunch time), and spending all of Monday with Stephen (hanging out with friends and then watching a couple movies with just us).

Brunch at Gloria's -  LydiaClink


I enjoy living in Lubbock, being independent, and doing the whole classes and internship thing. But it can be pretty lonely when family and friends are all several hours away (and when my Lubbock friends leave for the summer but I'm stay behind so I can graduate on time, which is still a semester longer than the original plan).

Anyhow, it rained previously while I was in Lubbock, it rained in Fort Worth when I was there this weekend, and is now raining when I am back in Lubbock. The strange thing was that it flooded in both places. Now, Lubbock will sometimes flood when it barely drizzles, but DFW usually has pretty good drainage systems. It seems there was just too much water to handle this go around. There have been floods, accidents, and deaths; it is bad (as an update, in case you haven't looked outside or read/heard any news in the past week or two).

Leaking intern window - LydiaClink
The intern window (that I sit next to) starting leaking during this storm. Two shirts and a giant roll of paper towels later, and the storm started clearing up.

It's great to have rain, but it would be nice if things evened out now. No more massive rain/hail/tornado systems making me want to skip driving to or from campus. That would be helpful.

So, yes, this is a short blog. I'm sure I have lots of interesting things to say, but nothing is coming to mind, so here you go.


Needing to buy a bigger umbrella,

The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment