Sunday, February 9, 2014

I enjoy watching dog shows.

The sequence of my favorite cooking-competition dogs was over, so I switched from the Food channel to watching the dog show tonight. Well, to be more exact, it's a rerun of the 2013 dog show (137th Annual Westminster Dog show), before the 2014 dog show starts tomorrow.


So many pretty (and some not-so-pretty) dogs! It reminds me how much I want to have a dog. Someday I will be finished with school, have a stable job, and have a house so I can have a dog (or three, along with some cats, who even knows).


Looking off into the distance -  not just for human models
Anyhow, one of the announcers for the dog show mentioned
that one of the dogs was the state dog for some state (I forget which state). That made me wonder if Texas has a state dog, and guess what - we do!

Texas' state dog is the Blue Lacy.

That is one pretty dog.

Apparently this breed was developed in Texas in the nineteenth century, so it makes sense that it was made the state dog breed in 2005.

The "Blue" Lacy dog can actually be several different colors , but the charcoal/gray coats look a bit gray-ish, so the breed name still makes sense.


According the Wikipedia, the Blue Lacy breed is a mix of "English Shepherd (or perhaps coyote), greyhound, and wolf." So, that's cool.

They're pretty dogs, so I'm glad that Texas has the Blue Lacy as the state dog breed.

He looks so friendly


Looking forward to dog-sitting this next weekend,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment