Sunday, December 29, 2013

I had the strangest dream last night.

Granted, I've been having much more vivid dreams since I came home for Christmas break, but I actually half-remember this one. Well, the end of it.

Isn't that how it always goes? As I wake up, I realize that I had a dream, and that I want to remember it, but I can only ever remember the ending of the dream, when I first started being conscious of the dream and interacted with it.

Anyhow, when I started interacting with my dream last night, I was in the middle of a palace with lots of my people. I'm not sure what it means that they were "my people," whether they were my friends, family, or just of the same species, but we had a common enemy.

Our enemy was a horde of giant wizards and either orcs or monkeys, I couldn't tell. There were a lot of them. They swarmed around us in the halls, and I was running around, trying to kill them. The only problem was that I didn't have any weapons, and I couldn't run very fast. It wasn't a good situation to be in. A group of my people came and surrounded me, half pushing me away from the enemies and out into a field outside. They turned around and faced the open gate of the palace, telling me to run ahead. They said that they would catch up soon, which was a little bit insulting. Surely I didn't run that slowly. (Now as I am awake, I acknowledge that yes, I do run that slowly.)

So, I ran. Across the giant field, which somehow only took like 5 steps to cross, and I reached a tiny building. It was like a mix of an old shed and a glass office. It only had one room, and while the rest of the building was made of rotting wood, it had two full glass doors and giant, sparkling windows. Inside were several giant, stacked tubs of school supplies. Very helpful against the evil, cannibalistic wizards. (Although, I'm not sure if the wizards were humans as well or not, in which case it wouldn't be cannibalism to eat me. It's surprising the clarity that comes when one is not in a weird dream state.)

So, I filled my shoulder bag with lots of pencils from one of the tubs and ran back outside. Everyone was a lot closer. They were right on top of the new hill that sprang up right in front of the weird building. Both enemies and my people were mixed together, so I slipped back into the crowd without being noticed, and went to slay some orc-monkey creatures. Sadly, for some reason, when I threw my pencils at the face of an orc-monkey, nothing happened.

Well, the creature started coming towards me, which was something, but not a good something. So I turned around and ran back into the glass hut. For some reason, I had really thought that the pencils should have worked, and I was pretty disappointed in them, so I passed by the tubs of pencils and grabbed lots of pens that time.

I turned around and was staring at a giant, floating wizard this time. He was trying to come into the hut, but was too big to fit through either of the two glass doors. I threw a red pen at through the door, and surprisingly actually hit him with it. The pen exploded in giant fireworks. I was scared by the fireworks (although I would have thought that certain fear of mine would not exist in a dream), and when I opened my eyes again, the floating wizard was gone. That was good. It also seemed as though all the other wizards and orc-monkeys were gone, but looking around, I saw that they were just super tiny. Like ugly ants. I think. I was waking up at that point.


The moral of this dream is that red pens have great power. Not only to make papers bleed with editing, but also to vanquish evil dream villains.



World, You Are Welcome,
The Purple Writer.



-- What is the strangest dream that you have had lately, that you remember enough to make a moral out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment