Monday, June 12, 2017

Star Wars Party!

This spring, I was asked me to plan a Star Wars party for our company. 


This was the perfect project for me and I had a blast!


Created by Lydia Clinkscales
I hopped right onto Pinterest and into Photoshop to find and create designs that could help spread my enthusiasm for Star across our two Texas offices.

I'll add a post later with some of the images/posters by other people that I came across and printed off to decorate the Plano office I work in. 

This post, however, is all about the fun designs I made for the event!



The first steps to hosting a potluck are to invite people and have them agree to bring food.



Created by Lydia ClinkscalesI found all the adorable/fantastic images I used as backgrounds for this event on Unsplash.

I love the variety of amazing quality photographs that can be found on Unsplash. 

(Bonus points for Unsplash's great copyright rules which mean these photos can be used for anything!)

Check out the people who made these awesome images: Ciprian BoiciucDaniel Cheung & James Pond.

Once everyone has put down the dish they'll bring, it's time to make some food cards!


Created by Lydia Clinkscales
(I sent a list of Star-Wars inspired foods to my coworkers, but some of them made me proud with their own creations.)

I downloaded these super cute Star Wars icons here



So now I had invited everyone, had the food ready to go, and just needed another element - Star Wars activities!


I had basic cards with character/item names (Darth Vader, lightsaber, pod racer, etc.) and everyone had to act out or describe the card they drew. 

Since several of my co-workers hadn't watched Star Wars, this turned into more of a team cooperation game, but everyone had fun.

Created by Lydia Clinkscales

My favorite design of the event, however, was my Star Wars quiz! 


I used Google to find some different questions/answers and then made it all fit into a format on top of beautiful background images from Unsplash.


If you'd like the PDF or editable Word document of this quiz, the PSD file of the food cards, or the word document for the sign-up sheet, just shoot me a message or email, and I'd be more than happy to send them your way.

My new motto is: The more Star Wars parties, the better!

Print/Download my free Star Wars stuff:




Loving the Star Wars enthusiasm,

The Purple Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment